Monday, August 23, 2010

High School Pre-Game Meals

Pre-Game Meal Instructions


JV/Varsity Games





Let me take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Shelley Roberts - I will be coordinating the pre-game meals for JV/Varsity. Coach Blankenship and Coach Gastelum like to provide the players with a quick meal before each game. It usually consist of sandwiches, fruit, and bottled water. There have been times where families have provided chips, cheese, and other healthy snacks.



We request that each family sign up for two sandwich slots, two fruit slots, and one water slot.



 Sandwiches (20 per family) - Please bring sandwiches fully made in labeled sandwich bags. Some players do not like condiments, so you may consider leaving a few plain. It is imperative that the sandwich bags be labeled for those players who may have food allergies.

 Fruit (20 Pcs. per family) - Some fruit ideas are: bananas, grapes, apples, oranges. I realize it is difficult to buy a bag of apples/oranges that has 20 in the bag, so just cut them in half. A cluster of grapes in a sandwich bag works great.

 Water (1/case per family)



I will be send email notices through my email address. So if you have a blocker on receiving emails, please add me to your contact list. I also ask that you simply reply to my email acknowledging that you did receive the notice. It is very difficult for me to have to call you to verify, so please make every effort to simply hit the ‘reply’ button to let me know. DO NOT reply to any of the coaching staff or administrative staff (ie. Danae Fayard).



Please put all your food/drink items in a cooler (put your name on cooler) and bring to the drop off place (the place where Coach Joe designates that the team will be leaving from). We will then transport the ice chests to the game site and return your cooler to your son after the game.



Please add my email address to your contacts list, and if you have any concerns or questions, just let me know. THANK YOU for all your help and support.



Shelley-Roberts@sbcglobal.net

918-638-8866 (cell)



PS: If you have not yet signed-up to help with the meals; you can contact me, and I will let you know what dates still need to be filled, otherwise I will insert your family’s name where needed. At this point, all sandwich slots are filled, so I would need remaining family to sign up for two fruit and two water slots.