Monday, August 29, 2011

Message From The Pre-Game Meal Coordinator-High School Teams


Pre-Game Meals for the High School Team

Noah Families:

To our new families - “Welcome.” To our returning families - “it’s that time of year again.” Can’t you just smell the football season in the air?

Let me take a moment to introduce myself.  My name is Sharon Craig - I will be coordinating the pregame meals this year. The coaches request that each family participate in providing the team with a quick meal before each game (JV and Varsity). It usually consists of sandwiches, fruit, and bottled water. There have been times where families have provided chips, cheese, granola bars, and other healthy snacks, but we mainly ask that each family do at least sandwiches, fruit, and bottled water.   Our roster is significantly smaller than in previous years, and we are requesting that each family participate in the pregame meals, regardless of other areas of services. 

Many of you signed up at the parent meeting, but some of you were not available and I still need to get your names on the schedule. If you did not sign up, I will be contacting you to find out what dates would work best for you. 

An email notice will be sent out each week with your name and what you are bringing.  I’ll try to make it as easy as possible for you, all you need to do is put your food item in a cooler (put your name on cooler) and bring to the drop off place (the place where Coach Joe designates that the team will be leaving from). We will then transport the ice chests to the game site.  Just make sure your player remembers to pickup your cooler to take home. 

We are requesting that each family sign up for two sandwich slots, two fruit slots, and one water slot.

Sandwiches (15 per slot)
Please bring sandwiches fully made in labeled sandwich bags. Some players do not like condiments, so you may consider leaving a few plain. Some players do not eat pork, so keep that in mind, as well as some players that may have peanut allergies. So for those reasons, it is imperative that the bags be labeled.

Fruit (15 Pcs. per slot)
Some fruit that the players prefer are: bananas, grapes, apples, oranges. I realize it is difficult to buy a bag of apples/oranges that has 15 in the bag, so just cut them in half. A cluster of grapes in a sandwich bag works great.

Water (1/case per slot) Please bring the water iced down.

I will be sending all notices out through my email address. So if you have a blocker on receiving emails, please add me to your contact list. I also ask that you simply reply to my email acknowledging that you did receive the notice. It is very difficult for me to have to call you to verify, so please make every effort to simply hit the ‘reply’ button to let me know.

Please do not reply to this blog post email.  Please email me directly with my email address below.

Please add my email address to your contacts list, and if you have any concerns or questions, just let me know.

THANK YOU for all your help and support.


Sharon Craig
hsrcraig@sbcglobal.net
918 630-7366 cell
918 749-7849 home